“Personal Information” is information about you that is personally identifiable to you like your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing.
“Anonymous Information” means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not permit the identification of individual persons.
Collection of Personal Information by MobileTrack
The Personal Information we gather from you helps us learn about our visitors and customers. We use this information to provide you with our products and services and the products and services of our carefully selected partners, to develop new products and services, to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services, and to offer you additional information and opportunities.
- We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through our Website or related Channels and your use of our products and services. The types of Personal Information we collect are:
- If you set up a “MobileTrack” account, we will collect your contact details such as name, address, gender, email address and country as well as, if appreciated, the information you provide us with in order to receive the newsletter of your preference.
- If you buy items from our webstore, we will collect your full name, the name of your company (if applicable), your postal address (each for shipping and billing purposes), email address, phone number, and all the information we need to process your payment of the purchase amount.
- If you request customer support services for MobileTrack products and/or services, we will collect Personal Information to enable us to provide such customer support services to you, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences. We will also collect other information about the MobileTrack products you own, such as the serial numbers, date of purchase and information related to a support or service issue, some of which might be Personal Information.
- By using a bulletin board or a chat room at our Website, you should be aware that you are sharing all information you post on such bulletin boards or chat rooms with other users, including any Personal Information that you may choose to share. Please choose the information that you share carefully and accordingly. MobileTrack is not responsible for any use of information you provide on a bulletin board or in a chat room by any third party.
- You may also be requested to provide Personal Information about a person other than yourself (for example if you want to purchase a gift for someone and this Personal Information is required for the fulfilment of the delivery of your purchase, or if you use the MobileTrack Buddies service), such as name, address, email address and/or location data. This Personal Information is used only for the purpose for which you provide it to MobileTrack.
- MobileTrack may collect Personal Information through surveys for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers, to improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services. The information we collect in such instances depends on the survey, but might include your name, address, age, information about your use of our services and products and the like.
- If you request MobileTrack services, MobileTrack may collect location data from your MobileTrack device in order to provide you with the services requested.
- If you send us an email to apply for a position with MobileTrack, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, included attached files, such as resumes, and other information necessary to process your application.
Any Personal Information which you supply to MobileTrack shall be true, complete and accurate in all respects. You agree to notify MobileTrack immediately of any changes to your Personal Information via our Website or related Channels.
Information Collected Via Technology
MobileTrack may gather Anonymous Information from your MobileTrack device when you are using it or when you are connecting it to a computer by using MobileTrack. This Anonymous Information may include information on how long it took you to travel certain routes, traffic patterns and on any technical glitches you may have encountered. The nature of the Anonymous Information that your MobileTrack device transmits to us will not enable us to trace it back to an identifiable person. We will only collect this Anonymous Information if you agree to provide it to us and you can always disable that such Anonymous Information will be provided to us by changing the settings of your MobileTrack service.
Personal Information we receive from Other Sources
How does MobileTrack processes Personal Information and Anonymous Information?
Your Personal Information is used by MobileTrack to perform its obligations resulting from the delivery of the MobileTrack products and/or services to you, under the End-User License Agreement, Limited Warranty, if any, or any other terms that may apply. MobileTrack uses your Personal Information to respond to your questions and to fulfil your requests or to manage interactive customer programs. MobileTrack is entitled to contract third parties for its fulfilment of its obligations hereunder, however, MobileTrack will not provide your Personal Information to a third party without your permission, except as necessary to process your order, fulfil your requests or manage the interactive customer programs or if compelled by law. These third parties may help MobileTrack to i.e. process information, fulfil customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services or to conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These third parties are also obligated to protect your Personal Information in accordance with this policy. MobileTrack is and will remain responsible for the use of your Personal Information.
MobileTrack also uses Personal Information to contact you, always on an “opt-in” basis, via mail, via e-mail or phone to inform you of our (new) products and/or services and the products and services of our carefully selected partners, promotions we may offer, to submit a customer survey and any other marketing activity. MobileTrack is entitled to contract third parties to perform its direct marketing activities. MobileTrack may use your Personal Information to conduct market research, to improve our products and/or services, to provide more responsive customer service and to improve our Website, products and services.
MobileTrack may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this Anonymous Information to analyse usage patterns, to improve our services and reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in its discretion.
Your Choices regarding your Personal Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive newsletters or promotional s from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further s from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
You may change any of the Personal Information in your account by editing your account information.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 16.
Safeguarding the information you share with us
We recognize our responsibility to protect the Personal Information you entrust to us. We take precautions including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your Personal Information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no company, including MobileTrack, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information and MobileTrack can not be held liable for any unauthorised access or use of the data you have supplied to MobileTrack.
You can also take precautions to protect your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure Internet browser.